These delicious Chilli and Dark Chocolate Truffles are so easy to make and will impress the socks of everyone you share them with. The question is; will you actually share them with anyone?
420g Dark Callebaut Chocolate
200g Dark Callebaut Chocolate (For Decorating)
1 Tsp Ground Chilli Powder - Or to taste
50g Cocoa Powder (for dusting)
1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon Powder
- Prepare a tray by lining it with baking paper.
- Weigh the cream into a small saucepan and on medium heat bring to the boil.
- While waiting for the cream to come to a boil, weigh and microwave your chocolate in a heatproof bowl for 30 second intervals or until it has fully melted.
- As soon as the cream starts to bubble, take it off the heat and pour it over the chocolate. Using a spatula, mix until well combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Once the mixture is fully set, using a pair of gloves, roll out your truffles to approximately 2-2.5cm and place them on your prepared tray.
- Once rolled, place them in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up before re-rolling to create a smoother surface.
- You can decorate your truffles two ways; to create a matte finish, roll them in cocoa powder or alternatively, if you prefer a glossy finish, roll in tempered chocolate. Do this by preparing a bowl with tempered chocolate (see our chocolate tempering post) and whilst wearing gloves, dip your fingers in some of the chocolate and roll the truffles in your hands one by one.
- Store your truffles in an air-tight container in the fridge and enjoy your delicious truffles for up to 2 weeks!
Want your truffles to sparkle? Add edible gold dust for extra decoration.
Weighing out your truffles will make them more uniform, 12-14g per truffle will be perfect!