Embrace your inner child and make some delicious Freckles. These adorable morsels of whimsy are made with the very very best chocolate which makes them the perfect grown-up treat.
Makes: 40 Freckles
200g Milk Callebaut Chocolate (tempered)
500g Hundreds and thousands sprinkles
1x Disposable piping bag
1x Baking tray
- Pour your sprinkles into the baking tray. You will need enough to be able to cover the base of the tray by 1cm.
- Temper your chocolate (refer to tempering chocolate blog post) and pour it into the piping bag.
- Snip the end of the piping bag to create a small opening and pipe chocolate discs into the sprinkles leaving a few centimeters between each disc.
- Once the tray is filled, tap lightly on the bench a couple times to even out the texture of the chocolate's surface.
- Place in the fridge to set for 5-10 minutes.
- Once set, you can freely scoop them out of the tray and repeat the process.
- Make your chocolate discs approximately 4-5cm round.
- Pinch the open end of the piping bag between piping discs to control the flow of chocolate.
- To keep your freckles fresh, store in an air-tight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months.