Cooking School Instructor for New Farm Confectionery
We have a deliciously exciting role for someone with experience in food education or you are simply a passionate chef foodie who loves everything sweet and wants to share the love.
About New Farm Confectionery
New Farm Confectionery is a producer of handcrafted confectionery and chocolate products. We retail and wholesale our products all around Australia and also have a cooking school that runs both classes and corporate team building events. Our classes teach the participants all the scrumptious ways to make chocolate goodies as well as the interesting aspects of sugar. They learn how to make caramel, honeycomb, marshmallows and many other yummy items. Our classes are fun, engaging and educational. We run both hands-on cooking classes and demonstration experiences for our customers.
New Farm Confectionery is seeking an instructor to run our Newstead based classes as well as Corporate classes both at customer’s locations and virtually. Public classes normally run each weekend on Friday evenings, Saturday and Sundays, both during the day and in the evenings. Corporate classes can occur midweek and on the weekends.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- An entertaining and informative delivery of our classes, in line with set run sheets
- Class set-up and pack-up, in line with set time lines
- Preparation of class ingredients
- Management of class assistants and kitchen
- Retail sales and sales processing for class attendees
- End of day class reporting, in-line with the set expectations
- A huge love of chocolate and all the sweet goodies we create
What we need from you;
- Minimum 5 years industry experience, post apprenticeship.
- Ideally a sound knowledge of Chocolate and Sugar (not essential but highly desirable)
- Be able to engage with the students
- Highly developed communication skills and a high level of English
What we would also like if possible;
- Qualifications in Training
- Chef, Baker or Pastry Chef qualifications
- First Aid Certificate
- Blue Card, or be willing to obtain one.
Full training, orientation and support is provided on commencement to ensure your success.
The position is a casual role that can move to part-time as the role grows.
Option for casual employment or as a consultant
Wages from $29 to $44 an hour depending on qualifications and experience.
If you would like to spend your time teaching people about chocolate and sugar, and have all the necessary qualifications please apply with a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please make sure your subject line is "Cooking School Instructor"